Make Your Bike Rides Count
Ride Spot users can join the Pedal For A Purpose event and have their bike rides automatically counted during Thanksgiving week. Follow the steps below to record bike rides using the Ride Spot app and make your miles count for Pedal For A Purpose.
We will also count bike rides shared via social media. This is also the best way to register indoor/stationary rides.
- Post a picture or video of your bike ride on social media.
- Tag CareFirst (@CareFirst /@carefirstbcbs) and DC Bike Ride (we are @dcbikeride on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Use the #CareFirstCares and #PedalForAPurpose2021.
- Make sure to set your profile/post as “public” so we can receive a notification and view your post.
Pedal For A Purpose Calendar
Meet the Beneficiary – Dreaming Out Loud
Rules and Tips
You can Pedal For A Purpose anywhere. Take photos and videos, and record your route with Ride Spot or any bike route tracker of your choice.
This year, we extended the program’s calendar to give you more time to support the fight against food insecurity. Pedal For A Purpose started on DC Bike Ride weekend, and we also celebrated Halloween and Veteran’s Day on two wheels. On the last week of the program, we will give you a new purpose to pedal every day of Thanksgiving week:
- 11/22 – Pedal To Explore The Outdoors
- 11/23 – Pedal To Show Off Your Neighborhood
- 11/24 – Pedal To Share A Bike Ride With Friends
- 11/25 – Pedal To Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 11/26 – Pedal To Burn Thanksgiving Calories
- 11/27 – Pedal To A Local Small Business #ShopSmall #ShopLocal
- 11/28 – Pedal To A Farmers Market Or Community Garden
You can share your bike rides on social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) or register your rides using the Ride Spot app.
When posting on social media, make sure to tag DC Bike Ride and CareFirst, use the #PedalForAPurpose2021 and #CareFirstCares, and share your post as “public”.
Now if you prefer to use Ride Spot, follow our Ride Spot profile and join the Pedal for A Purpose event to have your bike rides counted automatically and access to the leaderboard. See more on “Make Your Bike Rides Count” above.
Bike rides must be at least 2 miles long to be counted and you can enter up to 3 rides/day.
Every bike ride of 2+ miles will be counted as 1 donation of $13 (exceptions apply).
We will like ♡ each ride shared on social media to indicate that it has been counted as a donation. Ride Spot users can check on their progress via app and access the Pedal For A Purpose event leaderboard.
Donations are limited to 3 rides per day per participant. Share your bike rides on Halloween week (10/25-31), Veteran’s Day (11/11), and Thanksgiving week (11/22-28).