Before taking on your favorite route, 3- start recording your ride using the Ride Spot app and 4- save the ride as public. Your public rides will be listed on your Ride Spot profile and, as long as you follow the steps above, we will receive your cycling activity for the event period.
You can also make your bike rides count by sharing your ride on social media: 1- share a picture of your ride on social media. 2- Tag @dcbikeride and 3- use the #Pedal4Purpose2020. Your profile must be set as “public” so we can get a notification and view your post. This is also the best way to make your indoor/stationary rides count.
Make your rides double by completing the featured route of the day. Every day we will share a special route for double the donation. Routes will be published at 2 PM EST and will be available through 12 PM the next day.
- Ride anywhere between November 23 (7 AM EST) and 30 (8 PM EST).
- Rides must be at least 1 mile long to be counted.
- We will like ♡ each ride to indicate that it has been counted as a donation.
- You won’t receive a notification that you have completed the event as you can ride anywhere.
- Every Ride will be counted as 1 donation of $25 (exceptions apply).
- Donations are limited to 4 rides per day per participant.