START LINE MAP (UPDATED)
We have made a minor modification to the Start Line at West Potomac Park and riders will now line up on the roads surrounding the baseball fields instead of on the grass field. The Start Location is still West Potomac Park (100 West Basin Drive SW, Washington, DC).
There are now two entry points to the Start Line: the original entry point to the Start Corrals is located at the intersection of Independence Ave SW and West Basin Drive, and a second entry point is now available at the intersection of Independence Ave SW and Ohio Drive SW.
See the map below for details on how to get to the Start Line:
See the map below for corral access points. Note that we recommend Intermediate riders enter at Ohio Dr SW and Independence Ave SW, and for Beginner and Advances riders to enter at West Basin Drive:
Where to Park
If driving to the event, we recommend Spot Hero to help identify parking for the day of the event. Note that the event start and finish are in separate locations, so you can choose to park closer to the start, the finish, or between the two venues.
Parking rates are currently estimated to range from an average starting rate of $10 to $16 up to $25-$30 during the event from 6:30am to 2:00pm.
Reserve Parking In Advance
Driving to DC Bike Ride
The following directions will get you to the vicinity near the Start and Finish Lines. Please note that on the day of the event, streets directly surrounding the Start and Finish lines will be closed for the event. Also note that it is a 2 mile, 12 minutes bike ride directly from the Finish Line to the Start Line.
When navigating to the Start Line, use West Potomac Park, 100 West Basin Drive SW, Washington, DC as your destination. When navigation to the Finish Line use 300 Maryland Ave SW, Washington, DC as your destination.
DRIVING FROM VIRGINIA/395 AND POINTS SOUTH
- Follow 395-N towards Washington, DC (non HOV lanes)
- Enter the District of Columbia and cross the Potomac River
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to stay on I-395 N
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to take the 12th St exit toward L’Enfant Promenade
- Slight left onto 12th St Expy
- Turn left onto Constitution Ave NW
- Continue straight to stay on Constitution Ave NW, and find parking or head toward your reserved spot from there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM VIRGINIA/66-Rt.50
- Follow 66 east towards Washington, DC
- Cross the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge and stay left for 66 East/E Street
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the exit toward US-50 E/Constitution Ave NW
- Continue onto US-50 E/Constitution Ave NW, and find parking or head toward your reserved spot from there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM MARYLAND AND POINTS NORTH
- Head southwest on Baltimore-Washington Pkwy
- Keep left to stay on Baltimore-Washington Pkwy
- Follow 295-S towards Washington, DC and enter DC
- Take exit 1B-X toward I-695/Route 395/Downtown and keep right to continue onto I-695
- Use right lane to merge onto I-395 South
- Yes the right 2 lanes to take the Maine Ave exit
- Keep right at the fork and follow signs for 12th St and merge onto 12th St Expy
- Turn left onto Constitution Ave NW and continue straight to find parking or head toward your reserved spot from there.
*Important Note: The above routes should all be open during DC Bike Ride but all road closures are subject to change and are at the discretion of public safety officers.
Parking closest to the Ride Start: Park across the inlet bridge at East Potomac Park – Lot A, and make your way to the start on your bike from there. Reminder that Ohio Drive SW closes at 6:30am.
Rideshare to DC Bike Ride
Your ride share driver can follow the driving directions above to get you to the drop off zone at the ride start. When navigating to the Start Line, use West Potomac Park, 100 West Basin Drive SW, Washington, DC as your destination.
Please reference the map below to view the location of the “drop off zone” next to the start. Important: Roads directly surrounding the Start Line, including Independence, will close at or around 6:30am, so plan accordingly.
Biking to DC Bike Ride
We encourage you to get a few extra miles in and bike to the start! Make sure you plan out your route in advance and give yourself plenty of time the morning-of so you arrive in the start corrals before 7:45am. Google Maps has a great biking directions tool!
We scoped out the best bike routes to take to the start! Check out our suggested bike routes from around the region HERE.
Want to bike to the start with fellow riders? Feel free to post on the Facebook Event wall (CLICK HERE for link) that you’re looking for people to bike to the Start with and self-organize a bicycle caravan!
Metro to DC Bike Ride
Metro does not being running until 7AM on Saturdays, so please plan accordingly as all riders need to be in their respective start corrals by 7:45AM. Visit www.wmata.com for schedules.
The closest Metro stations to the Start Line are:
- The Orange/Blue/Silver Line at the Foggy Bottom/George Washington University Station, a 1.7 mile or 11 minute bike ride the start.
- The Orange/Blue/Silver Line at the Farragut West Station, a 1.6 mile or 11 minute bike ride to the start.
- The Green/Yellow Line & the Orange/Blue/Silver Line at the L’Enfant Plaza Station, a 1.6 mile or 9 minute bike ride to the start.
- The Green/Yellow Line & the Orange/Blue/Silver Line at the Smithsonian Station, a 1.2 mile or 9 minute bike ride to the start.
- The Red Line at the Farragut North Station, a 1.4 mile or 12 minute bike ride to the start.
Deaf or hard of hearing?
For those who are deaf or hard of hearing, please meet at the start line stage. There will be an interpreter at the start to help you with the ride.
Deaf or hard of hearing riders do not need to enter the corrals, they can proceed directly to the start line stage.