If driving to the event, we recommend Spot Hero to help identify parking for the day of the event. Note that the event start and finish are in separate locations, so you can choose to park closer to the start, the finish, or between the two venues.
Parking rates are currently estimated to range from an average starting rate of $10 to $16 up to $25-$30 during the event from 6:30am to 2:00pm.
RESERVE PARKING WITH SPOT HERO
DRIVING TO DC BIKE RIDE
The following directions will get you to the vicinity near the Start and Finish Lines. Please note that on the day of the event, streets directly surrounding the Start and Finish lines will be closed for the event. Also note that it is a 2 mile, 12 minutes bike ride directly from the Finish Line to the Start Line.
When navigating to the Start Line, use West Potomac Park, 100 West Basin Drive SW, Washington, DC as your destination. When navigation to the Finish Line use 300 Maryland Ave SW, Washington, DC as your destination.
DRIVING FROM VIRGINIA/395 AND POINTS SOUTH
- Follow 395-N towards Washington, DC (non HOV lanes)
- Enter the District of Columbia and cross the Potomac River
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to stay on I-395 N
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to take the 12th St exit toward L’Enfant Promenade
- Slight left onto 12th St Expy
- Turn left onto Constitution Ave NW
- Continue straight to stay on Constitution Ave NW, and find parking or head toward your reserved spot from there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM VIRGINIA/66-Rt.50
- Follow 66 east towards Washington, DC
- Cross the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge and stay left for 66 East/E Street
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the exit toward US-50 E/Constitution Ave NW
- Continue onto US-50 E/Constitution Ave NW, and find parking or head toward your reserved spot from there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM MARYLAND AND POINTS NORTH
- Head southwest on Baltimore-Washington Pkwy
- Keep left to stay on Baltimore-Washington Pkwy
- Follow 295-S towards Washington, DC and enter DC
- Take exit 1B-X toward I-695/Route 395/Downtown and keep right to continue onto I-695
- Use right lane to merge onto I-395 South
- Yes the right 2 lanes to take the Maine Ave exit
- Keep right at the fork and follow signs for 12th St and merge onto 12th St Expy
- Turn left onto Constitution Ave NW and continue straight to find parking or head toward your reserved spot from there.
*Note that the above routes should all be open during DC Bike Ride but all road closures are subject to change and are at the discretion of public safety officers.
Parking recommendation at the start: Park across the inlet bridge at East Potomac Park – Lot A and make your way to the start from there. Reminder that Ohio Drive SW closes at 6:30am.
RIDESHARE TO DC BIKE RIDE
Your ride share driver can follow the driving directions above to get you to the drop off zone at the ride start. When navigating to the Start Line, use West Potomac Park, 100 West Basin Drive SW, Washington, DC as your destination.
Please reference the map below to view the location of the “drop off zone” next to the start.
BIKE TO DC BIKE RIDE
We encourage you to get a few extra miles in and bike to the start! Make sure you plan out your route ahead of time and give yourself plenty of time the morning-of so you arrive in the start corrals by 7:45am. Google Maps has a great biking directions tool!
METRO TO DC BIKE RIDE
Metro does not being running until 7AM on Saturdays, so please plan accordingly as all riders need to be in their respective start corrals by 7:45AM. Visit www.wmata.com for schedules.
The closest Metro stations to the Start Line are:
- Via the Orange/Blue/Silver Line: Foggy Bottom/George Washington University, a 1.7 mile or 11 minute bike ride the start
- Via the Green/Yellow Line & the Orange/Blue/Silver Line: L’Enfant Plaza, 1 .6 mile or 9 minute bike ride
- And via the Orange/Blue/Silver Line: Farragut West, a 1.6 mil or 11 minute bike ride