This Fall, DC Bike Ride is offering a new cycling experience to keep everyone active during social distancing. We invite you to explore local routes, connect with other cyclists virtually, and reach goals for a chance to win Prize Packs with awesome bike gear and swag.
The DC Virtual Ride is powered by Ride Spot, and presented by CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and Events DC.
The DC Virtual Ride starts on Sunday, November 1st. Once the event kicks off, you have until Saturday, November 21, to go for rides and reach goals for prizes.
You can ride anywhere! The DCVR is not an organized event, nor promotes gatherings of any kind. Its format is designed for solo riders or riders within the same household. We encourage participants to practice social distancing and follow safety guidelines while engaging in the proposed activities.
Riders must be 8 years or older to participate and ride a pedal-assisted bicycle. E-bikes with a throttle or that can be POWERED BY MOTOR ONLY ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Your DCVR pass includes a double-layered face cover and a hydration backpack. Your DCVR pass also comes with gifts from Dunkin’, BODYARMOR, and DCBRshop, and guarantees your eligibility for virtual prizes and prize packs.
Note: Although the DCVR Challenge on the Ride Spot app is open to all users, only paid registrants will receive a virtual rider kit, have access to additional resources, and be eligible for prizes.
Ride anywhere to unlock rewards. The DCVR experience has two main goals for you to achieve in 21 days: Bike 10+ times and Bike 100+ miles.
- We will reward all registrants who achieve 10 rides of at least 3 miles and all registrants who achieve 100 miles or more with a Virtual Reward with special deals, credits, and coupons from our partners.
- The rider with the most miles and the one with the most rides of 3+ miles score a DCVR Premium Prize Pack with DC Bike Ride apparel, ClassPass credits, and a 6-pack of your favorite sports drink offered by BODYARMOR, and an APEX Ti Lock by Altor Locks. PeopleForBikes is also offering one limited edition PeopleForBikes kit to the rider with the most miles.
- Six virtual riders (three with 10+ rides and three with 100+ miles) will be randomly selected to receive a DCVR Prize Pack with DC Bike Ride apparel, a 6-pack of your favorite sports drink from BODYARMOR, an APEX Lock by Altor Locks, gifts from PeopleForBikes, and more.
- Although the DCVR Challenge on the Ride Spot app is open to all users, only paid registrants will receive a virtual rider kit, have access to additional resources, and be eligible for prizes.
- In the event of a tie in mileage, the winner will be selected by the total number of rides. In the event of a tie in total rides, the winner will be selected by greater mileage.
- To claim the prize, the winner must answer within 48 hours of notification.
- Prize packs will be shipped to winners within the U.S. territory at no additional cost. DC Bike Ride and prize partners are not responsible for prize damage or loss.
To find your registration confirmation, search for “Order Confirmation from DC Bike Ride” in your email inbox. Our emails are sent from [email protected]. And don’t forget to check your spam folder as well.
If you can’t find your registration confirmation, email us your full name to [email protected]. We’re happy to resend your confirmation email.
All participants must sign the DCVR Participant Waiver to get their Virtual Rider Kit.
We’ll request the main participant of each order (the purchaser) to sign their waiver during registration. The remaining riders will receive an email with a link to access and sign their waiver. The email address is provided by the purchaser during the registration process.
To sign the document: After reading the waiver, on the registration page, you’ll find a white box. Click and drag the mouse cursor over the white box to write your signature. Once you’re done, click on “submit”. You are all set.
Register by October 10, and we will mail your Virtual Ride Kit to your preferred address within 7 to 10 days before the event.
For orders placed after October 10, we will do our best to expedite the process and get your Virtual Rider Kit delivered before November 1. However, riders should expect a 3-week timeline between placing their orders and receiving the Virtual Rider Kit.
For orders with a DCVR t-shirt or hoodie, placed by October 10, we will mail your DCVR apparel with your Virtual Ride Kit – all in one package – between 7-10 days before the event.
For orders placed after October 10, we will mail your Virtual Rider Kit and DCVR t-shirt or hoodie separately as the turnaround time for apparel set up, print, and delivery is roughly three weeks. The DCVR apparel line is produced locally following our commitment to strengthening our community.
No, registrations are NOT refundable or transferrable. We have a no refund policy, which all registrants agree to during registration.